How To Wear Jewelry If You Have Allergies and Sensitive Skin

If you have allergies or sensitive skin, you may be concerned about what kind of jewelry you can wear. Here are some tips to help you choose the right jewelry and avoid any reactions.

Buy From JNathan

JNathan Jewels will never sell jewelry that has been known to harm their customers. If you have allergies or sensitive skin, you should buy your jewelry from JNathan. JNathan is a jewelry company that specializes in making jewelry that is hypoallergenic and does not contain any harmful chemicals or materials.

We never sell jewelry with warning labels.

Consider the Materials

First, consider what materials your jewelry is made from. If you’re allergic to nickel, for example, you’ll want to avoid jewelry that contains this metal. You may also want to steer clear of normal gold and silver jewelry, as they can contain trace amounts of nickel. Instead, opt for JNathan gold and silver jewelry made from 925 Sterling Silver, stainless steel, titanium, or other hypoallergenic materials.

Check the Design

Next, take a look at the construction of the jewelry. Avoid pieces that have a lot of small parts or intricate designs, as these can trap allergens and irritate your skin. Instead, choose jewelry with a simpler design.

Care For Your Jewelry

Finally, pay attention to how you care for your jewelry. Be sure to clean it regularly, using a mild soap and water solution. Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaners, as these can strip away the protective coating on the jewelry and irritate your skin.

So, if you have allergies, it’s best to remove your jewelry before going to bed. This will help you avoid any unwanted reactions.

To keep your jewelry looking its best, it is important to take care of it properly. Here are some tips on how to care for your jewelry:

  • Store your jewelry in a cool, dry place.
  • Avoid exposing your jewelry to chemicals or cleaning agents.
  • Polish your jewelry regularly with a soft cloth.
  • Do not wear your jewelry while doing rough activities.
  • Be careful not to drop or knock your jewelry against hard surfaces.

Remove Jewelry Before Going to Bed

If you have allergies, it’s important to remove your jewelry before going to bed. Otherwise, you may wake up with a rash or other reaction.

There are a few reasons why this is the case. First, when you sleep, you are more likely to sweat. This can cause your skin to come into contact with the metals in your jewelry, which can trigger an allergic reaction.

Second, if you have allergies, your skin is more sensitive. This means that even if your jewelry is clean, it can still irritate your skin.

Finally, when you sleep, your body’s immune system is not as active. This means that if you have an allergy to a metal in your jewelry, you may have a reaction even if you don’t come into contact with the metal.

Types Of Jewelry to Avoid

If you suffer from skin sensitivity or allergies, you should avoid wearing jewelry made from nickel, copper, or other metals that can trigger a reaction. You should also avoid wearing costume jewelry or any jewelry that contains chemicals or other irritants. Instead, opt for jewelry made from hypoallergenic materials such as titanium, stainless steel, or platinum. These materials are less likely to cause a reaction and will still look great with your outfit.


If you have allergies or sensitive skin, you may be wondering how to wear jewelry without causing a reaction. The good news is that there are a few things you can do to minimize the risk of a reaction.

If you have metal allergies, try to find jewelry that is made from materials that you are not allergic to, such as surgical stainless steel, titanium, or gold. You can also look for nickel-free or lead-free jewelry.

If you have sensitive skin, you may want to avoid jewelry that is made from materials that are known to cause irritation.

If you’re unsure whether a piece of jewelry is made with nickel, ask the salesperson or check the label. You can also test the jewelry by applying a small amount of Nickel Test Solution to an inconspicuous area of the jewelry. If the jewelry turns red, it contains nickel.

If you have a reaction to a piece of jewelry, take it off immediately and wash the area with soap and water. If the reaction is severe, consult a doctor.

By following these tips, you can enjoy wearing jewelry even if you have allergies or sensitive skin.


Register or Sign Up